Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Obligatory Titled "First Post" First Post

My wife and I writing a blog together will create one of three scenarios.

  1. A massive rift forms in our marriage, shattering the lives of us and those closest to us.
  2. It becomes an internet sensation and the resulting riches afford us the ability to purchase multiple hot air balloons and other such necessities
  3. We post a few times, tell our friends on Facebook to read it and then go back to watching Numbers on Netflix and forget the blog even exists.

I suppose there could be more possibilities than that but those are the most likely ones. I am not sure if anything truly interesting will ever be written here and I have my doubts that anyone will ever be fascinated enough to peruse it at any sort of regular interval. I do however read the backs of soap bottles and toothpaste containers when there is nothing better within arm's reach as I am doing the work of men in the bathroom. I have also read my fair share of Highlights for Children in waiting rooms. I guess what I am saying is people read a lot of stupid stuff so why not read this. This post will serve as a building block for future posts as we work out the kinks and give this the old college try, which will hopefully work out better than my actual college try.
 - The Husband

I surprisingly have little to add.  I'm not very hopeful this will work out.  Mostly because I'm pretty sure I will just get mad because he's "doing it wrong," and I will quit before we ever get too far.  Wow, that's awfully pessimistic.  What I meant to say is, "I'm so excited! It's going to be really fun writing with my husband."  Except it will probably end in tears.  Or one of us shouting "what is wrong with you?"  If you've read this far congratulations!  Now be quiet. Numbers is on. 
- The Wife

3 comments:

  1. The anticipation builds ... I'm hooked.
    You'll have to distinguish yourselves thought because there is already a popular band called, "Matt and Kim."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better than Plus One so far. I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, good plan. We'll have to think about way's to distinguish ourselves. I propose Matt changes his name to Vladimir. Problem solved.

    Better than Plus One? Omeezy, your flattery appeals to my ego. Thank you, sir.

    ~Kim (I'll have to work to convince Vladimir that the name suits him)

    ReplyDelete